Forum Discussion

Oleg
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Server not started error message

Hi there!

I've faced the problems - while trying to run or verify tests, related to distributed testing I receive "Server not started" error message. I've tried to run on a few PCs - the results is the same. Machines are in the same network. No firewall is enabled. Also, I tried to connect to Slave machine with RDP and it worked fine. Will appreciate any idea!

- Oleg

10 Replies

Oleg
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Lexi!

I've already checked all points, that are listed on that page:

- SlavePC is accessible;

- I can connect to SlavePC from Master via Remote Desktop Connection;

- Firewalls are disabled on Master and Slave;

- Master and Slave have the same TestExecute version;

- UAC is disabled on both machines; 

- TestCompleteService8.exe is running on SlavePC;

- TestExecute can be started manually without any problems.

Oleg
  • Hi Oleg,

Do you have both TestComplete and TestExecute installed on the slave PC? If you do, try uninstalling both products, removing their installation folders, rebooting the PC and installing TestExecute only. Does this help?

Another possible solution is to use the IP address as a host name (instead of the network name). If this does not help, try to ping the target slave's IP from the master PC. If it is OK, but you still get the "Server not started" error, we'll need to look into the situation on your PC. Please submit a request via our Contact Support web form, so that we can schedule an online session.
  • Hi Lexi,

I have same problem like Oleg. I am using Testcomplete7( Licensed copy)

-Other SlavePC are connecting with testcomplete but only one slavePC shows error "server not started" when I am verifying it.

I've already checked all points..

- SlavePC is accessible;

- I can connect to SlavePC from Master via Remote Desktop Connection;

- Firewalls are disabled on Master and Slave;

- Master and Slave have the same TestExecute version;

- UAC is disabled on both machines; 

- TestCompleteService7.exe is running on SlavePC;

- TestExecute can be started manually without any problems.

-Only test execute is working on slavepc.

Can u help me for that?

Thanks

Ashish
    jimmo
    New Contributor
    Hi,

I also did everything (or almost everything) and it still doesn't work. I can ping my remote computer, I can remotely access it but I still can't connect to it by TestComplete

Thanks

Jimmy
  • Hi Lexi,

I am waiting for your reply...

Now this problem comes in another system. 

This another m/c was working properly but after installing printer it shows same error "Server not started".

Now I removed printer from that m/c but still showing error that "Server not started"

Now there are 2 m/c that have problem, which was working properly but not now.

Can u help me Please?

Thanks 

Ashish
    jimmo
    New Contributor
    Does it have something to do with my TestExecute on the slave computer not having a license yet?
  • Hi guys,

Jimmy, which version of TestComplete and TestExecute are you using? Could you please describe the problem you faced and the approaches you tried to resolve it as minutely as possible?

Ashish, did you try using an IP address as a host name? Also, you can try reinstalling TestExecute on the problematic PCs. If this does not help, please contact us via the Contact Support web form.
    Oleg
    Occasional Contributor
    Guys,

just in case it might be helpfull - in my case the problem was related to different versions of TestExecute. It doesn't mean that I've tried to use 7.x version with 8.x, but seems that versions should be totally (!) the same - Master: 8.20 -> Slave: 8.20, Master: 8.50 -> Slave:8.50 etc. So, you can check this point and maybe it will help you to solve the issue.

Oleg
  • Yup it was solved by being sure the TestComplete and TestExecute versions matched.

A very poor error message in my humble opinion.