Forum Discussion

zoey
Occasional Contributor
7 months ago

Self-Healing

Hi all , 

I have the Intelligent Quality Self Healing add-on but it's not working for one of my tests.

I enabled quality intelligent from  File->Install Extensions ,and enabled self healing from  options>Engine>Name Mapping the Enable Self-Healing mode is true

but seems not working correctly when testing run  , What's the reason ? 

Thanks .

13 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Why don't you try various examples, to see how it works? That way, you'll have a better understanding.

zoey
      Occasional Contributor

I saw this before Self-Healing Tests ,

I got the last version for test complete and applied all the requirements

to run self-healing mode , but it not worked for any test and error "object doesn't exist " always thrown in logs when missing object too.

zoey
      Occasional Contributor

scripting test , yes it's has a name mapping .

For example parent for the object doesn't exist ,  error "object doesn't exist" will be thrown in the logs ,test complete must be search about similar object to replace  missing object 

and if it doesn't exist a similar object error "object doesn't exist" will be appear , so my issue  test complete doesn't search for similar object for every time when any test throw an error "object doesn't exist" , although I enabled self healing run mode , so what can I do to run correctly ?  

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Why don't you try to correct your name mapping for the UI object manually?

zoey
      Occasional Contributor

No , it's not my issue I can do that .My issue is when error "Object doesn't exist " happened 

test complete doesn't find the similar , so this my question ? 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Self Healing probably requires the object to have a certain number of properties, so that it can try and automatically identify it.

See Update by Using Intelligent Fix

You haven't mentioned the version of TC you are using or provided any screenshot of your object/name mappings. Therefore, it's difficult to provide a possible solution.

zoey
      Occasional Contributor

Hi , 

I saw before  Update by Using Intelligent Fix ,

and you can see below the missing object  because the parent object doesn't exist ,  so when enable self-healing run mode  before running , test complete should be search about the similar object and it's suggest to replace it by Update by Using Intelligent Fix , but it's can't appear "Update by using Intelligent Fix  " in the Logs Details . 

I attached below some screenshots .

Thanks .

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

From the screenshots you have attached, you have two similar objects, ListBoxItem and ListBoxItem2, and you also have AbstractionCheckBox and AbstractionCheckBox_2. The object of AbstractionCheckBox has one property defined WPFControlName.

I don't see how self healing can distinguish between the similar mapped objects and on the single property value. I suggest you try to add another property value to see if it works.

Also, see

If it still doesn't work, then log a ticket via TestComplete: New Support Request

zoey
      Occasional Contributor

Hi , 

Is require to be my computer have access to  ocr.api.dev.smartbear.com web service to enable self healing too or this required only when enable  Optical Character  Recognition ?

And also I have another questions : 

How  test complete can know if two objects if similar or not ?

and the second is when Name Mapping for the project not stored the images of the mapped objects. self healing don't work ? 

•  

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Those are the requirements mentioned in the documentation for self healing.

I guess if TC is not able to identify the object via name mapping, it will try and use the image to identify the object instead, or other means.

I've never used self healing before. 

zoey
      Occasional Contributor

Hi ,

ok , but do you know if how test complete can  know if two objects are similar or not ? to apply self healing ?

Thanks .