Forum Discussion

suthersons
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

RunTimeError

Hi Sir,

This is Sutherson from Syncfusion Software company. am a licensed user of your product sir.

I have faced a problem with TestComplete tool. Here is the details,

Once i did playback the automation scripts and went to home. After coming back again, i could see this Run Time error over my TestComplete tool. Because of this my script used to stop very early. I don't have that much scripts also.

Here with i have attached my error image for your reference.

Could you please give me a solution to solve this problem?. If you give me a post soon means, it will be very helpful me to run my scripts at myside.

Thanks and Regards,

Sutherson.S

1 Reply

• Hi Sutherson,

To help us investigate the problem, please follow the steps below:

1. Download AQtime Standard, which is our free profiling tool, from our web site:

AQtime Standard

2. Install the tool.

3. Start AQtime with the -NotOpenApp command line argument. For example, you can use the following command line:

"c:\Program Files\SmartBear\AQtime 7\Bin\AQtime.exe" -NotOpenApp

4. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.

5. In the Open File dialog, select the TestComplete.exe file and click Open.

6. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.

7. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.

8. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.

9. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start the profiling.

10. AQtime will start TestComplete and trace all exceptions that will occur in the application until it is closed.

11. Reproduce the problem in TestComplete.

12. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.

13. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send me the file via our Contact Support form.

Thanks in advance.