Forum Discussion

CarlosC
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

How to create a test summary based on every single iteration of the Data-Driven Loop?

I created a simple test that loads multiple URLs from a CSV file using Data-Driven Loop, then it performs a few steps to verify that some objects exist in that specific website. When I run the test I...
    CarlosC
    3 years ago

Thanks for your answer,

I found that you can force to generate a new test after every iteration by using aqTestCase. Basically, I added two Code Snippets at the beginning and end of the Data-Driven Loop:

- Run Code Snippet:     aqTestCase.Begin("Test Name");

- Run Code Snippet:     aqTestCase.End();

This help to easy to get the report that I was looking for, you can find more details here: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/program-objects/aqtestcase/index.html

 

Lee_M
    3 years ago

CarlosC 

Thanks for sharing this interesting approach, it certainly gives more visibility to the loops

I personally split KW test into groups and then push results into a separate folder - this approach can be used for tests with or without loops

- this tends to highlight the fails, your approach is more visible on the success 🙂

Splitting into individual tests looks great here, but bear in mind this approach may be more confusing should you export to some other reporting software at a later date