Forum Discussion

smskrishna
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Path of "Local settings/Application Data" folder in Testcomplete 6.5?

Hi,

I have to get the path "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data"

as part of my test case. I am using Testcomplete 6.5;C# project, Windows: XP

I have tried the follwoing option

var WshShell = Sys.OleObject("WScript.Shell");

WshShell = .OleObject("WScript.Shell");

var OutputDirectory = WshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(%APPDATA%);

It returns  path as "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data"

But I need path "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data"      (Application data under local settings)

please let me know the steps to get the above path

OutputDirectory = WshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(%APPDATA%);It returns  path as "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data"But I need path "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data"      (Application data under local settings)please let me know the steps to get the above path

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Siva,

One of the simplest option may be:

OutputDirectory = aqFileSystem.ExpandUNCFileName(OutputDirectory + "\..\Local Settings\Application Data")
    smskrishna
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alexei,

Thanks for the reply.

This will not solve my problem because, I have to use the same test case in German OS also. So I cannot hard code value like "Local Settings" which is different in German OS.

So I am using the following to solve the issue

outputdirectory=dotNET["System"]["Environment"]["GetFolderPath"](dotNET["System"]["SpecialFolder"]["LocalApplicationData"])

• Hi Siva,

Also, you can try using the following script that does not require .NET installed: 

function Test()

{

// Define a variable to be passed as the Shell.NameSpace method's parameter.

// For additional information, see the "ShellSpecialFolderConstants Enumeration" MSDN article.

var ssfLOCALAPPDATA = 0x1c;

var oShell = new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application");

var OutputDirectory = oShell.NameSpace(ssfLOCALAPPDATA).Self.Path;

Log.Message(OutputDirectory); 

}