Forum Discussion

suthersons
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Need to know about the High Level Automation mathod in TestComplete

Hi Sir,

This is Sutherson from Syncfusion Software company.

Actually am doing Automation and Manual Testing sir. Currently am doing LowLevel Automation with TestComplete testing tool sir.

I wanted to do this same for High level automation procedure sir.

Is this possible in TestComplete software.?

Is there any method available for doing this sir?

Could you please explain me this breiefly?

Regards,

Sutherson.S

3 Replies

• Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'High level automation procedure' since there's no such concept in TC. From your post, it looks like you need to use scripts or KD tests. See the Scripting and Keyword Testing help topics.

suthersons
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Sir,

Thanks for your reply about my query.

As we are working with products. We need to test more samples which are having different position in window screen(i.e different x and y co-ordinates). Our main testing demand is to playback any sample in different x,y- co-ordinates location.

Our Problem: If the recorded window co-ordinate position once get changed means, while playbacking that automation won't work correctly. So our demand is to, the script should run even the x and y co-ordinate position changed also. 

Coluld you please let us know,which type of recording mode we should use in TestComplete?

Regards,

Sutherson.S

• Hi,

Scripts in TC are object-based, not coordinate-based. It doesn't matter what position the target object has on your screen. You should record a script or a KD test, not a low-level procedure.