Forum Discussion

kimmyh51
Contributor
12 years ago

Interface Not Supported - on start up - reappears when I click ok - cant use TC at all

This is NOT the same issue that someone else has posted about and the solution they have been offered is impossible as I cant get into my project to edit the settings

I have already logged this with support, but as I cant do any work till its fixed, I thought Id post here in case someone has had this and knows the solution...

I was running a script and test complete hung and I had to use control-alt delete to end the process

I am on the very latest version of TC

After restarting, the start page loads and I select the project I am working on, and get the project loading message

Then I get the message:

Interface not supported

When I click on  ok it just reappears, over and over. 

The only way out is control-alt delete

I can open other projects but not this one (which is the one all our work is in

I have tried the following:

Restarting my machine

removing the scripts which were running (renaming the script file - I cant change any project settings due to the error message which loads and wont go away

Replaced the boardbook preoject file (.mds)

Replaced my name mapping with a back up as I had done a lot of name mapping before running the script

Deleted the entire contents of the log folder

None of the above made any difference

I cannot change any project settings - because I cannot get into my project.  The error message appears on loading the project and no matter how many times I click on "OK" the same message reappears

The script that was running when it crashed was adding a project variable.

HELP!   I have a pile of work to do and cant do a thing.  I am in the southern hemisphere so every time I have to log a support ticket i have to wait till the next day (if im lucky) for a reply and if the reply does not fix the issue, then I reply to them and wait another day or two for a reply  back - in a 2 week sprint this as you can imagine rapidly bites into my time to deliver my sprint work.....

2 Replies

• I have now also tried

reinstalling tc - no change

removing all files whicvh had been updated today from my project and doing a 'get latest' to replace any that were not created by me today from vault

Now I get a different error - see attached

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Kim,

I cannot locate your support case, so I don't know whether you have sent the project to our Support Team. If you haven't, please zip the problematic project and send it to them.