Forum Discussion

thirumalai
Occasional Visitor
2 months ago

inconsistent spying object on desktop application from V15

We are using TestComplete to test desktop application like AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, etc. Functions created using the spy object was working well, but with recants versions while running the execution we are seeing object are failing, its failing inconsistently. Some its run with the old object and sometime failing. Tried manually using spy object for AutoCAD 2024 & 2025, some tools and command line object are not identified. While working with Revit same issue happening, but close and reopening of testcomplete solving that issue for some time, this workaround is not helping me with AutoCAD. This was not an issue earlier. Required a permanent solution, currently I am no way to go.

1 Reply

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Do you mean recent versions of TestComplete have caused your automation to sometimes fail? If yes, I suggest you stick to the working version that you had previously.

If the application AutoCAD, Revit etc have changed, then you might have to recreate the name mappings, as the property values may have changed.