Forum Discussion

Egg
Frequent Contributor
3 years ago

I have many create options

Hello..! 

I made automation test using keyword test. 

I wonder How can I handle easily various create options.  

my automation test has many create options like search box, Key-in box and select options after click triangle button . 

For example, 

Create to New Opportunity, I was recorded Keyword test.. choose option- 'Caategory1:A'- ' Category2:A1

and I was succeed the test. (I used 'Image based Action' about select box)

and then, I need ' Caategory1:A -  Category2: A2'

Then, must I rerecord? because only change the  Category2: A2 ? 

I only want to change 'Category2: A2' on made test

How can I handle easily? 

And I wanna tips about How can i easily handle search box, Key-in box and select box. in keword test!

Please give me some know-how

6 Replies

Egg
      Frequent Contributor

Thanks your answer. 

What I know is, Data driven loop with excel file only can handle key-in value.

But my variable options is composed of select options. (select options after click triangle button like image.) 

Can I use Data driven loop with image based action or other? Except key-in value?

I have to handle composed of select options. (select options after click triangle button like image.)  

How can I do that..? 

Can I handle with ‘select options after click triangle button’ and  ‘Data driven loop’?

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

The values in a drop-down (your triangle button) usually have an index in their properties and you can refer to them that way, or they will have a text property that has your A and B names in it.  Use those values in your data file and Set the field to that value rather than using Keys to type in it.