Forum Discussion

jerr
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

I cannot select a textbox to do checkpoint

When i try to select  textbox to do checkpoint, it select all the windows.

9 Replies

jerr
    Occasional Contributor
    I prepare FireFox as indicated.

In the patch, they ask to go to the archive (TestComplete 10\Bin\Extensions\)  and replace the dll tcFF27Hook.dll by the one containing in the patch. When i go in my archive (TestComplete 10\Bin\Extensions\), that dll doesn't exist. Instead i  have the dlls tcFF24Hook.dll, tcFF25Hook.dll and tcFF26Hook.dll but no tcFF27Hook.dll. I copy the one containing in the patch in my archive folder and it doesn't fix my problem.
    jerr
    Occasional Contributor

- I restart TestComplete after installing the patch

- Those extension exist on my computer  and are activeted [ Web Testing (Version:4.0) , Firefox Support (Version: 4.0)].

I have the same probleme with Internet Explorer.

I am running Firefox version 27.0

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Claude,

Please follow the steps below:

1. Open the problematic page in FF.

2. Switch to TestComplete's Object Browser panel.

3. Find the opened page under the Browser object.

4. Expand several nodes in the object tree.

Now, make a screenshot of the Object Browser and post it here.

jerr
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

These are the files with the problematic page and the object browser.
  • I am having a similar problem. Other than the browser window itself, I cannot select ANY elements on a web page.

I am using the trial version of TestComplete.

jerr
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

When i analyse the issue, it seem like there is something missing in the patch. In the installation's steps they said to go to the extension folder and replace the dll tcFF27Hook.dll with the one containing in the patch. In my extension folder there was no dll with that name. In that folder there were the dlls tcFF3Hook.dll, tcFF24Hook.dll, tcFF25Hook.dll and tcFF26Hook.dll. For me this means some where in the programme of TestComplete there is a reference to those dlls.

The installation of the patch consist only to copy the dll tcFF27Hook.dll in the extension folder and there was no modification in the TestComplete programme. My question is the following: How  can the TestComplete programme  adresses the new dll (tcFF27Hook.dll) if its code is not updated to have a reference to the new dll?