Forum Discussion

DenisMedvedev
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

how to click not visible element

I have a grid, and after selecting it via object spy it cannot be highlighted.

I have error “Unable to highlight this object on screen because it does not exist”.

I can see this object, but can not click it or enter text, maybe because it has Visible value = false.

So how can I click it?

Will be glad to have any help.

Thanks in advance, Denis  

ghuff2
    9 years ago

Is this a Windows Forms DataGrid? If so the individual rows and cells aren't going to be visible as Children in the Object Browser. However, there are properties and methods for accessing them. For instance you should be able to use the ClickCell method if it exists, for example to click the cell under the Phone column in the first row it would be DataGridObj.ClickCell(0, 'Phone')

You can also get the value in any of the cells by using the wValue property of the DataGrid

6 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Hi,

Can you see this element in Object Browser tree? How?

ghuff2
        Contributor

Is this a Windows Forms DataGrid? If so the individual rows and cells aren't going to be visible as Children in the Object Browser. However, there are properties and methods for accessing them. For instance you should be able to use the ClickCell method if it exists, for example to click the cell under the Phone column in the first row it would be DataGridObj.ClickCell(0, 'Phone')

You can also get the value in any of the cells by using the wValue property of the DataGrid

DenisMedvedev
      Contributor

I have interesting behavior, after recording script I have auto-mapped objects for those fields and it can be highlighted, but after reopening app it doesn’t work.