Forum Discussion

madnut
Contributor
13 years ago

Firefox 5.x support

Hi guys,

Are there any information about FF 5 support by TestComplete?

Thanks,

Oleksiy

9 Replies

• Hi,

We're planning to add FF 5 support in the next TC update, but I cannot tell you for sure when it will be released at the moment.
  • Oh, nice! Thanks.

I hope new TC version will out before Mozilla release their FF 6 or (it's better) new TC will support both 5 & 6 FF versions.

• Following up on this post. Is there any word on when the release can be expected?

We rely on TestComplete to validate our software. Having to wait months for browser updates is painful. Can you outline SmartBear's plan to release timely updates for new platforms?

Thanks,

Don

• Hi,

According to our plans, FF 5 support is expected in the next TC update (there's no exact release date). Submit a support request regarding this if FF 5 support is critical for you.
    AutoBot_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Any updates on the FF5/6 support ?

Its been almost a month since your last post on the same. When can we expect to have an update ?

• Hi,

There's no exact release date of the next TC version at the moment. An estimated date of the next release is within a month or so.
    ANW
    Contributor
    While we are waiting for the next TC update to support FF5, FF6 has been released, and it seems that Mozilla has enforced a rapid release model where a new version will be available every 6 weeks. So even FF7 or FF8 might be out before the next TC release. 

Can we expect TC to handle this in the future?? ... it will be impossible for me to use any new release of FF browser in my tests, and thus we cannot claim to support these to our customers, if TC will have to be updated for every new FF release.

Have you guys at Smartbear had any discussions on how to handle this?? ... or is it just tough luck for anyone testing on FF browsers?
  • Hi,

We normally try to support new versions of browsers, platforms, etc. as soon as they're released. So, TC will support new FF versions. I cannot tell you anything for sure about how we'll handle this at the moment.
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    One thing to note is that, while there are differences between different browsers as to what they can and cannot do, you might not need to test everything on all browsers to say whether or not it's supported.  In the meantime, supplement your automation on, say, IE, with a few manual tests on FireFox to cover those areas that are specific to FireFox.

Of course, this may all be obvious, but it helps to work around things for the short term.