Forum Discussion

presideji
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

duplicated record error

i created a new record and i used test complete to record the process. When tried to run the test, testcomplete came up with an error that a duplicated record exist( obviously there is none ).  My question is why is testcomplete seeing the record i created during the test recording as a duplicate one. I expected the run test the produced exactly what was recorded.

2 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi dj,

This can happen if you do not restore your tested application back to its initial state after recording the test. Without that done, any data entered during the test recording still exists in the application, so the application prevents from entering the same data during the test run. I'd like to emphasize that in this case, the error is shown by the tested application, not by TestComplete, so it's not a TestComplete issue.

To resolve the problem, you need to reset your application to the initial state before running the test. For example, roll back its database, remove any data files created during the test recording, and so on. Try doing this and let me know whether this helps.