Forum Discussion

idris_pathan
New Contributor
12 years ago

Delphi application hangs when recording

Hi,

I am trying to record a test script with TestComplete for a Delphi application, each time I try the application hangs and goes in to an unresponsive state and I have to kill the process.

The application has been built in debug mode and I have used TestComplete Strip TDS utility which creates the .tds file, the created .tds file is in the same folder as the .exe for the application.

Each time I try to record a script the application hangs. Has anyone else had any problem with recording scripts for Delphi applications?

Do the Delphi applications always need to be built with debug information to be able to record scripts and get access to the Class Information (The internals, mainly controls?) and once built with debug information do you always have to run TC’s STRIP TDS utility?  Can we not record scripts with just the debug? Without stripping the debug information   – if so is this not a restriction?, what about testing third party Delphi apps where you do not have access to the debug only the retail version of the application?

All help greatly appreciated

2 Replies

• Additional information.  when the Application goes into an unresponsive state I get the folllowing additional information about the Exception

Exception:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.1 Date          : Tue, 4 Dec 2012 16:22:25 +0000

2.2 Address       : 10003A92

2.3 Module Name   : tcHook.dll - (SmartBear hook library)

2.4 Module Version: 9.10.1894.7

2.5 Type          : EAccessViolation

2.6 Message       : Access violation at address 10003A92 in module 'tcHook.dll'. Write of address 00000000.

2.7 ID            : 52DB

2.8 Count         : 1

2.9 Status        : New

2.10 Note         :