Forum Discussion

CMEPTb
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

DDT plug-in may not be properly installed. How to re-install?

Guys,

Few of tests I responsible for uses DDT driver. Unfortunately, when I try to execute them TC reports  error:

"Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed."

Meanwhile Data-Driven Testing (ver 4.0) is present at Install Extension list and if I uncheck it - system stops to recognize DDT object.

So the question is - how to re-install that plug-in?

(TC 8.70, XPx86 sp3, tcDDTPlugin.pls file exists in proper folder)

Any other ideas how to make it work?

Thanks in advance,

Alexey.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    This may not be a problem with the plug in but a problem with what you're attempting to do.  Could you post the code that is generating the error?
    HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Alexey,

To access data in files, the DDT driver uses the corresponding data provider installed in the system. For example, CSV and Excel .xls files are accessed using Microsoft Jet; Excel .xlsx files - using the ACE driver; databases - using the database provider specified in the connection string.

The issue appears to be with the data provider. Try to reinstall it and see whether this helps.
  • Hi Alexey

I created the DDT test in TC 8 where it worked fine but when I try to run the test iun TC9 I get :

"JScript runtime error.

Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed"

I have checked installed extensions and Data Driven Testing Version: 4.0 is present I have also checked the file system and the file is present (tcDDTPlugin.pls)

Do you have any help?

Thanks

Sean

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sean,

The ACE driver or Microsoft Jet may be corrupted on the computer. Try updating them (see Helen's post above for details).