Forum Discussion

jackson_1
Frequent Contributor
13 years ago

CopyFile Failure in Windows XP

when i copy a big sizes exe file(more than 600m) from network folder to local, i get the the error when i open it after copy completed.

i found that copy file failure if the size of file more than 600m. and i tested the file less than 600m is work well with same method.

and it work well whatever the size of the file on windows 7.

=============

i used Delphi script like this:

aqFileSystem.CopyFile(StrPath,ApplicationDataPath,false);

and i tried to another method but it also.

fso: = sys.oleobject.['Scripting.FileSystemObject'];

fso.CopyFile(StrPath,ApplicationDataPath);

so i think this is the TC Issue in 7.52?

5 Replies

• Hi,

We failed to reproduce the behavior with TestComplete 8.50. Check whether the issue persists with this version. If it persists, tell us what error you are getting.

jackson_1
    Frequent Contributor
    hi David,

thanks for your replay.

and i dig up that if the file(exe file) singed and the size more than 600M, it will copy file failure using aqFileSystem.CopyFile function in TC.i am not sure this problem if effected by the known issue in Windows XP that the file digital signature will missed in file property if the size of the exe or dll File more than 400M.

and i have tried some other way to copy but it failure remains(eg: command line...).

can you help me to solve this problem?. it is urgent for me now that my automation project can not run in windows xp os.

Thanks very much.

• Hi Du,

We still fail to reproduce this. Please clarify what you mean by "copy file failure". Is the file not copied? Do you get any error? Is the problematic file signed?

jackson_1
    Frequent Contributor
    hi Allen,

there is no any error shown when working in actually. i think this problem caused by file signed.

anyway thanks very much.

BR

• Hi Du,

Is the file copied to the destination folder? What do you mean when you say that copying fails?