Forum Discussion

Thanh
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Any way to be notified test has passed for failed??

Hello all,

I have been asked a question today and I dont know the answer. If anyone can help that would be great. We are currently sending automated test to a test machine which runs Test Execute. We obviously do not sit there watching the automated tests. So is there anyway TestComplete can notify us of the test status such as steps passing/failing. Test suite run completion etc?

Any sort of feedback apart from the standard built in one would help.

Many thanks

4 Replies

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero
      1. Email.
      2. Write the standard log/results file to a networked drive somewhere.
      3. Create a custom result summary/file/snippet and write that to a network drive somewhere.
      4. Have some other software check for results as part of a build process or similar. (TeamCity in my case)

There are tons of ways you can do it. (I use a switchable combination of 1, 3 & 4)

m_essaid
    Valued Contributor

Hi,

I spent a lot of time creating this parts of my  projects.

Briefly, I could say that I use a lot of global variables (projects variables).

I initialize them at "false" or "zero", and each test trigger its own variable.

All along the tests a txt document is written in HTML, and then at the end I send an email which contains this document.

Mehdi

Thanh
    Occasional Contributor

Thank you all for the responses. I have now got my email notifications working. Thanks for the help.