Forum Discussion

HenrikHL
Frequent Contributor
2 months ago

StopLight "auto"-modifies files

Is it just me or does anyone else find it super annoying that StopLight modifies files when pushing to GitHub. If I have a spec that looks like this:

StopLight "automodifies" it to:

It also removes newlines that I have deliberately added and changes indention for comments 

Anybody knows where this can be disabled?

10 Replies

HenrikHL
    Frequent Contributor

Here is an example of StopLight removing newlines and re-indents comments to (in my point of view) a wrong indention:

This is how it originally looked (before the push):

As you can see the comment has been indented extra to align with line 2086 - but the comment is for the "ErrorResponse" so it makes more sense it is aligned with this...

Also annoying that newlines are removed as it makes it easier to read...

HenrikHL
      Frequent Contributor

Hi Humashankar

Yes - that is one of the things (sometimes it is only replaced with ">").

When I insert newlines (to separate objects definitions) - the newlines are removed again by StopLight.

Inserted comments get re-indented and makes it look weird

Humashankar
        Champion Level 0

Hi HenrikHL 

Am trying to get something out of my research and - can you please make use of the 

Stoplight Support to create the use case from your end with more information 

Regards

Humashankar
    Champion Level 0

Kindly mark this as solved - use case if incase it is all aligned - which will also help other pursuers on this topic !!

HenrikHL
      Frequent Contributor

I am not quite sure I understand why I should mark it as solved? In my PoV the problem is still there - if SmartBear decides to fix it - then I would be happy to mark it as resolved :-)