Forum Discussion

Stoplight
Community Manager
2 months ago
Solved

Azure API Management

Originally posted by user MariusSc78 to the Stoplight Community on 10/25/2023 at 17:25 ET.

Hi, we are using Azure API Management as gateway and developer portal. Documenting APIs etc. is very limited, but as a developer landing page works fine. Any thought on how I could combine stoplight.io with API management?

• Dan T (Staff) [10/26/2023 - 17:09 ET]

Hi MariusSc78, the key to that is the portability of the Open API Specifications (OAS) that you are creating in Stoplight. Most of API Management tooling (and I believe Azure is included) should allow you to import existing OAS files to be able begin provisioning your proxied endpoints.

You could either export the OAS files from the Stoplight workspace UI to import then into your gateway, or you can leverage the OAS files stored in your VCS, or you can use the Stoplight Catalog API to get access to your project bundled references to use with your gateway. 

https://docs.stoplight.io/docs/stoplight-api-docs/f6hiiufckkwgf-catalog-api-overview

2 Replies

Stoplight
    Community Manager

Dan T (Staff) [10/26/2023 - 17:09 ET]

Hi MariusSc78, the key to that is the portability of the Open API Specifications (OAS) that you are creating in Stoplight. Most of API Management tooling (and I believe Azure is included) should allow you to import existing OAS files to be able begin provisioning your proxied endpoints.

You could either export the OAS files from the Stoplight workspace UI to import then into your gateway, or you can leverage the OAS files stored in your VCS, or you can use the Stoplight Catalog API to get access to your project bundled references to use with your gateway. 

https://docs.stoplight.io/docs/stoplight-api-docs/f6hiiufckkwgf-catalog-api-overview

Stoplight
      Community Manager

MariusSc78 (OP) [10/27/2023 - 15:22 ET]

Thanks for pointing me to the catalog API. Will give it a shot!