Forum Discussion

Spector
New Contributor
11 years ago

WSDL works fine in Visual Studio but not in SoapUI?

Hi,

I have a WSDL that is hostade in IIS8. This WSDL have been used to generate proxy classes from within Visual Studio without any problems.

Now I need to setup a Mock service (with request/response) but when I enter the URL to the local(IIS) WSDL and hit OK I get the following exception :

Error loading [http://localhost/MySite/wsdl/HsaWsInteraction_3.14.wsdl]: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: java.io.CharConversionException: Malformed UTF-8 character: 0xe4 0x6e 0x73

This is from the SoapUI Log :

Fri Jan 17 12:02:12 CET 2014:ERROR:Failed to load url [http://localhost/MySite/wsdl/HsaWsInteraction_3.14.wsdl]
Fri Jan 17 12:02:12 CET 2014:ERROR:An error occurred [com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException], see error log for details

This is from the error log :

Fri Jan 17 12:03:38 CET 2014:ERROR:com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException
com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.InvalidDefinitionException
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.makeInvalidDefinitionException(WsdlLoader.java:140)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.WsdlLoader.loadXmlObject(WsdlLoader.java:127)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:535)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.xsd.SchemaUtils.getDefinitionParts(SchemaUtils.java:524)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionCache.update(AbstractDefinitionCache.java:97)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.definition.support.AbstractDefinitionContext$Loader.construct(AbstractDefinitionContext.java:236)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:46)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:149)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

What is wrong?

3 Replies

• Hi,

Please try the following:

1) Open with a text editor the "soapUI-Pro-4.6.4.vmoptions" file located in the "bin" directory of the SoapUI Pro application
    2) Add this line at the end of the file:
    -Dfile.encoding=UTF8
    3) Save the file and restart SoapUI Pro
    Try again to load the WSDL in SoapUI Pro 4.6.4.

Solution comes from:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22762
    Spector
    New Contributor
    mrJames wrote:
    Hi,

Please try the following:

1) Open with a text editor the "soapUI-Pro-4.6.4.vmoptions" file located in the "bin" directory of the SoapUI Pro application
    2) Add this line at the end of the file:
    -Dfile.encoding=UTF8
    3) Save the file and restart SoapUI Pro
    Try again to load the WSDL in SoapUI Pro 4.6.4.

Solution comes from:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22762

Thanks, worked great!
    TommyD
    New Contributor
    I have the same problem and sure adding -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 to the vmoptions file removes the error message. But the messages sent will have corrupted special characters like ÅÄÖ. So it is not a solution.