Forum Discussion

JMalvin
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

WS-I Tool Does Not Support Soap 1.2

Hi,

I am trying to validate whether our WSDL's are WS-I compliance, but the tool bundled with SoapUI (and respectively SoapUI Pro) is from 2005 when protocol Soap 1.2 had not been introduced. This causes several assertions to fail in the generate report. If the Soap protocol version namespace is switched back to 1.1, the WS-I reports no error (we are not using any Soap 1.2 feature -- simply going by the requirements).

The WS-I.org website offers a newer addition for the tool's profile, but it seems like it is simply an XSLT with no instruction as to how they need to be run (no Java run time jar). My question is, has anyone, or the SoapUI support team, gotten a WSDL WS-I validated when Soap 1.2 is used? Thanks.

2 Replies

JMalvin
    Occasional Contributor
    So, since I didn't get any answer, let me ask this, does SoapUI Pro offer WS-I validation against Basic Profile 2.0 specifications?
  • Prerequisite failures can be a reason behind this. I have checked there website, there are introduction of many new tools but no instruction of how to use them for this purpose. check here