Forum Discussion

JLancaster
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

[SOLVED]testrunner.sh - failed without assertions even when successful

I have used the lastest nightly build of soapUI (not PRO) soapui-3.0.1-linux-bin.zip/2009-10-22  installed on UNIX.  I'm using java6 and all classpaths and JAVA_HOME appear to be set correctly.  When I run the testcase below via the GUI (using java6), the testcase completes successfully and the assertion is valid.  No problems.  When I try to launch testrunner, I recieve the message below.  The log files created for the msg flow (i.e., ....................-BasicRequest-0-OK.txt) show everything successful with a valid msg recieved.  Additionally, the GUI hangs and I must kill the session from unix to get out of it.  On the original nightly build I was using from September, when I reverted to java5, I got basically the same thing, except the GUI did not hang.  With Oct. 21 nightly build and java5, when I run the message it never seems to end .  The HTTP log shows response recieved, but the meter is still running.   Any suggestions on getting testrunner.sh to work in a UNIX env?

2009-10-23 13:51:11,450 ERROR [errorlog] java.lang.Exception: TestCase [LowBalanceNotifRequestTestCase] 

java.lang.Exception: TestCase [LowBalanceNotifRequestTestCase] failed without assertions

at com.eviware.soapui.tools.SoapUITestCaseRunner.throwFailureException(SoapUITestCaseRunner.java:427)
        at com.eviware.soapui.tools.SoapUITestCaseRunner.runRunner(SoapUITestCaseRunner.java:352)
        at com.eviware.soapui.tools.AbstractSoapUIRunner.run(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:128)
        at com.eviware.soapui.tools.AbstractSoapUIRunner.runFromCommandLine(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:72)
        at com.eviware.soapui.tools.SoapUITestCaseRunner.main(SoapUITestCaseRunner.java:112)

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

can you please send a project file so we can try it out?

regards
    Nebojsa
    JLancaster
    Occasional Contributor
    Nebojsa,  thank you for the response.  Unfortunately I could not send project file due to proprietary content.  I was able to determine that the there was a slight difference in the versions of wsdl's used by the application from the newer version I had used to build the soapUI project.  When I corrected that, it removed this error.  Thanks again.
      SaurabhT
      New Contributor

Can you please let me know where we need to change the version?