Forum Discussion

James_Lawson
New Contributor
16 years ago

soapUI Maven Plugin 2.5.1 and WS-I tools

I'd like to add some of the functionality that soapUI offers to our Maven builds, including tests of all of our web services, plus load tests on some of our key services after we deploy to our target application server.  I've found this very simple to set-up with the plugin and everything is just how we want it.

However, I'd also like to perform a WS-I compliance check on our nightly build with the reports being integrated into our Maven site that is produced (and perhaps even write an Atlassian Bamboo plugin to grab the results for the CI server screens).

At the moment I can successfully run the wsi-test-tools from the plugin, but I have to hardcode the report location in the soapui-settings.xml file, as I don't appear to override the final location.  What I would like is for both the xml and html files produced to be pointed at a directory specified in the pom.xml.  Is there a way to override these settings via the or tags?  I've tried a few combinations of these, but with no joy.

If I leave the tag in the soapui.settings.xml as it is, the xml and html are posted into the TEMP location (and also have a random number after them, such as wsi-report3238584650642668853.xml.

The perfect result for me would be to be able to specify the report location folder in the pom.xml, and have a wsi-report.xml and wsi-report.html file created there.

Any idea how to get this?

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello!

Unfortunately there is no simple way of doing this as of now, however
    we are going to add this functionality and it should be in the next version of soapUI!

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com
  • That's great, Dain, thanks for the response.

Do you have an ETA for the next release and associated plugin?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Sorry, we don't have a definite ETA, but a first beta will hopefully be out in a couple of weeks.
  • Ok, that's not a problem.

If there's anything I can do to help give information or feedback on the Maven plugin, then please let me know.  It's likely that we'll be using this for a suite of regression, load, and WS-I compliance tests for our overnight builds, so we'll be touching the majority of the options contained within the plugin in some shape or form.

We'll also be using the test outputs and reports that are generated, and hopefully managing to get them into our CI server (Atlassian Bamboo) and Maven Site.

James
    edmond
    New Contributor
    Hi, Dain,
    I want to know the usage of tag in pom.xml. Would you please give me some hint or point me to some document (so far I haven't found any that describes the usage)?

Thanks,

Edmond

eviware support wrote:

Hello!

Unfortunately there is no simple way of doing this as of now, however
    we are going to add this functionality and it should be in the next version of soapUI!

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com
  • Can someone confirm if the functionality of generating WS-I compliance report using maven plugin with configurable reports are available in the latest version of soapUI?