Forum Discussion

Knowledge
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Several REST requests under the same project

Hi,

Is it possible to create a REST project, that will contain several REST requests and not just one?

I want to create a test suite that will contain several test cases and steps, but for different REST requests and i couldn't figure out how to do it.

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks

• Hi,

Do you mean create several REST requests with different request data for the same REST service? Yes, this is possible. Just create multiple REST Request TestSteps and modify the request data in each or use property expansions to create dynamic content.

Or do you mean have multiple REST service definitions in the same project? This is also possible, at the project level just add multiple REST services. You will then be able to pick between them when you create new REST Request TestSteps.

Is this what you meant?

Regards,

Rupert

3 Replies

rupert_anderson
    Valued Contributor

Hi,

Do you mean create several REST requests with different request data for the same REST service? Yes, this is possible. Just create multiple REST Request TestSteps and modify the request data in each or use property expansions to create dynamic content.

Or do you mean have multiple REST service definitions in the same project? This is also possible, at the project level just add multiple REST services. You will then be able to pick between them when you create new REST Request TestSteps.

Is this what you meant?

Regards,

Rupert

Knowledge
      Contributor

Yes, thank you, i wasn't aware i need to do it on the project level(i did it on the request level and then when i modify one, all the rest of the requests changed).

Thanks for the help.

rupert_anderson
        Valued Contributor

No problem, happy to have helped.

The way the REST service definitions restrict your options in the REST Request TestSteps does seem to raise a few usability questions for some, maybe because it seems natural to focus on and try to change the REST TestSteps themselves. Its fine once you've got used to it! :-)

Thanks,

Rup