Forum Discussion

kiran_load
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

SAOP UI 2.5 load concurency problem... need to send unique value to each thread

Hi,
I have a scenario where i will hv to run to apis one after another. And i will have to pass a value to first api by using properties..for single run it is working fine but when i put under load for concurrent runs it has failed in 95% of runs. bz i will ahve to pass uniuqe vale. once the first thread takes thta value..the remaining ones are not able to fetch those..so these apis are failing.

can u suggest me a solution

5 Replies

kiran_load
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,
    SAOP UI 2.5 load concurency problem... need to send unique value to each thread--plz suggest me solution in SOAP UI 2.5.1 onlt.....

I have a scenario where i will hv to run two apis one after another. And i will have to pass a value to first api by using properties..for single run it is working fine but when i put under load for concurrent runs it has failed in 95% of runs. bz i will ahve to pass uniuqe vale. once the first thread takes thta value..the remaining ones are not able to fetch those..so these apis are failing.

can u suggest me a solution
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

You could fetch thread index with  ${ThreadIndex}. Maybe something like this will help you:

<name>name${ThreadIndex}</name>

will send name0, name1, etc..or to use {=Math.random()}.

Let me know does this help you,
    robert
    kiran_load
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi robert,

Could you elobrate on the solution u have given. Coulsd u explan indetail..where to add this code nad how to add this one.
    kiran_load
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Robert,

What I hv to do is pass the value from PROPERTIES step to the next API..to do that i have used source property to send it to the API as an input. it is working fine for single thread but for concurrent threads it is failing...can u suggest me a asolution indetail...as i am new plz explanin me indtail steps to over come this problem.
    Thanks in advance
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

this might be a bug that has been resolved in the nightly builds, can you try with the latest 2.5.x or 3.0-beta build to see if it is working better?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com