Forum Discussion

PaulCzosnowski
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Running Data Source/Loop for multiple rows inside a request

I have several places inside a request needing to be fed from a data source.  I have an excel data source setup with multiple worksheets, one sheet for each item needing data.  I want to run a loop so I can run the test case multiple times, each run reading the next row down from each worksheet.  I can't configure the sources and loops right to get this done.   Any suggestions?

2 Replies

PaulCzosnowski
      Occasional Contributor
      Rao, Thank you for the response. I am not fluent in Groovy. I'm reading through the links you have posted and am learning. My objective is randomized data driven testing. I need to test functionality and num val for web services. Most of the services have several configurable areas for each request, some numerical and some text based. In the past I have created several requests for each binding to cycle through configurable areas of the request. I would like to either use data sources that randomize data sets and feed into the multiple areas in each request or use data generators and find a way to export each data gen to another test case so I can compare the same requests on different servers. Paul