Forum Discussion

15 years ago

[RESOLVED] Get data to run in parallel threads

HI!!  I got a service which responses with info about a customer when I give it the Customer ID, but  I need that, at the same time, multiple threads run the same service with diferents IDs.  How can I do that? I have proved adding several steps, but each thread ran all the steps at once sequencilly.

There are some way to do that?

Thanks!!  and Sorry for my english!

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

The easiest way to run TestSteps in parallel is to put them in individual TestCases and run the TestSuite in parallel mode. Good luck!

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com
    triplex
    New Contributor
    hello there,

sorry I am an absoulute beginner with SOAPUI, so far I was able to find my way through
    SOAPUI, but I cannot see how to run the test suite in parallel mode.
    I am looking for a way to run 2 different requests in parallel. using 3.1.

thanks for any pointer,

best wishes,

f.
    triplex
    New Contributor
    ok, I found it. after one hour looking for it the icon wasn't obvious for me.
    thanks, anyway!

f.
  • I have a more subtle question... how do I model client-side parallelism?

That is: in a test case, some activities are done sequentially, then some are done in separate threads, then some more in series, etc.

I don't just want to run all my steps in a suite at once.

I made a bit of progress threading teststeps in Groovy, but unfortunately I'm passing parameters to them via property expansions on the TestCase - which is shared between all the steps, and thus they overwrite each other's data.

Am I trying to hit a nail that SoapUI won't hammer, or is there a better way?
  • Partial solution: know in advance which test steps will be parallelised, and duplicate them in the TestCase, but with each having its own properties (is., partition the names).

It's klunky!
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Joel.

I think you are right, this scenario isn't easily simulated currently.. question is what improvements we could make to do so.. any suggestions?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com