Forum Discussion

Christoph_Schwa
Contributor
16 years ago

reset request values to nil in forms editor

i am trying to remove values from a field in the forms editor and set them to be sent as empty ( xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance").
when i just delete the previously entered values they are not deleted from the xml and when i open the form editor the next time the values are shown again.

is this intended behavior?

i am using the latest nightly build of 2.5.1 from tonight

regards,
chris

8 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    This is a known bug, we are working on it. Thank you for letting us know about it.

BTW: for prioritised support, you can post in the Pro forums

/Nenad
    http://eviware.com
    alexlo
    New Contributor
    I seem to be getting the same problem in my trial of 3.01 pro.  i opened up a test case that worked perfectly in soapUI non-pro and in pro it inserts these i:nil="true" stuff and it breaks my test case.
    alexlo
    New Contributor
    does anyone have ideas about this?  for me right now the free version is better than the pro version - this has got to bother someone at evi right?
    we are evaluating this for purchase.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

hehe.. the reason for this is that your schema (hopefully) declares these elements as nilable, meaning that when they are left empty in the form editor soapUI sets them as such. Your alternatives to get around this are:
    1) change the schema so that the elements are not required
    2) change soapUI Pro to use the std source editor as default (in the global soapUI Pro preferences tab

Does that make sense?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alexlo
    New Contributor
    thanks for you reply.  that seems possible, i didnt write the schema. 
    i'll try what you suggested.
    Alex
    alexlo
    New Contributor
    as an immediate follow up, #2 changing the default editors (prefs - soapUI Pro) did not change the requests.  i'll be investigating our schema as you suggested.

i think it is non-intuitive that the program would change the requests.  i guess if i was using soapUI pro from the start i wouldn't have had the problem.

thanks.
    Alex