Forum Discussion

shakor
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Sending JMS message as response to SOAP request

Hello,   I need to mock the behaviour of receiving a SOAP message on a WSDL endpoint (which I have mocked in SOAP UI) but then I need to take the/some data of that request and put it on a JMS queue...
    9 years ago

Hi, sorry to but in Rao, but I think Shakor might actually be looking for a way to create a JMS message from a Mock's Groovy script when it recieves a request?

If so, my take on this would be to do it programatically using a Groovy OnRequest script in the mock. Personally I don't find the Hermes integration that great (also I think the Hermes project has gone dormant? Could be wrong), instead I would use the ActiveMQ libraries. I saw someone might have done something useful that could help get you started with the code if this approach suites you:

https://gist.github.com/welshstew/45aa6f42f847fce25593

Another way I have integrated SoapUI with ActiveMQ JMS is via its REST API, that worked quite well and required less coding. I guess you could also write Groovy code in the mock to create a JMS message by calling the REST API (assuming you are using Active MQ or your implementation has a REST API option)...

Hope this helps, sorry if its also not want you want to do!

Cheers,

Rupert