Forum Discussion

njcoutinho
New Contributor
13 years ago

Load UI User manual

Hi ,

I am new to load UI and even though the website is well documented is there a complete user manual out there which i can download and print ?

Thanks and Best Regards,
NEil

8 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

No, not currently. However, it would be useful for us knowing why you would like this (your particular case).

Thanks!

Henrik
    SmartBear Software
    zeeshankhan
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,
    the website is just a highlight of user manual, not enough detail available, I am new to LOADUI and struggling to understand many features and we need more scenarios as well to understand how and when to use components and features. If you can't provide more scenarios then at least I need more details related to features, components, etc. for every software release there are always good detail of user manual available to people to understand it properly and start implementing it. thank you I hope you understand my point.

Regards,
    Zeeshan Khan
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi!

I understand your point, although at the same time we try to keep the user manual as short as possibly needed (since we've realized that most people doesn't read manuals, and much less long manuals).

I also agree that more real-life scenarios would be fine. Please let us know if you find something in particular missing!

Thanks for your feedback

Henrik
    SmartBear Software
    zeeshankhan
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,
    your brief user manual is made for PRO version not for free, I have found it hard to understand features like XPATH, as in user manual it is explained for PRO users, there are shortcut keys where it generates xpath expressions. this is just one example I have given and there are many more. Please provide user manual and tutorials for both free version and PRO version. thank you

Regards,
    Zeeshan Khan
    SmartBear_Suppo
    zeeshankhan wrote:
    Hi,
    your brief user manual is made for PRO version not for free, I have found it hard to understand features like XPATH, as in user manual it is explained for PRO users, there are shortcut keys where it generates xpath expressions. this is just one example I have given and there are many more. Please provide user manual and tutorials for both free version and PRO version. thank you

It sound like you are now talking about the soapUI user manual.

Anyway, regarding the XPath example: The only way to use XPath in soapUI (non-pro) is to learn XPath (which is a standard language) and type the XPath expressions by hand. I believe that this is pretty clear in the user manual.

Or am I misunderstanding?

Regards

Henrik
    SmartBear Software
    zeeshankhan
    Occasional Contributor
    lolz yeah now i am using SOAPUI nowadays, thats why this issue was fresh in my mind. I know i have to type the XPATH expression but my point is please give us more materials for user manual for SOAPUI and LOADUI. XPath expression by hand is not properly explained in user manual. I am having lots of difficulties. i am after free version, where details are not given.

Regards,
    Zeeshan Khan
  • * Since this discussion is mostly about SoapUI, I'm moving it to that forum. *