Forum Discussion

Jsyed
Occasional Contributor
16 years ago

Load test that shows different IP address

Hey,
Is there a way in soapUI to generate multiple IP addresses for load test. As far as i know on IIS when you send a request it keeps the socket open for sometime so if same IP address is making the call the response is much more faster as the socket is already open. I saw the option in Soap UI "close connection" does that closes the connection from the IIS side as well. If not how can i perform Load test with multiple IP's using soapUI.

Thanks
Junaid

1 Reply

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Junaid,

You can create a Groovy script to set various destination addresses for your requests.

soapUI does not offer a extensive direct control lower-level layers of OSI model like transport or network layer. I assume you're trying to control them indirectly. 

For connection handling soapUI uses Apache HttpClient 3.x currently, which by default "always does its best to reuse connections". In other words, it uses the only way to control connection behavior via HTTP (and the underlying socket being used) and that is by using persistent connections, i.e. HTTP v1.1 keep-alive mechanism.

You can turn off persistent connections by ticking Preferences->HTTP Settings->Close connections after request. I just realized that accompanying text "Closes the HTTP connection after each SOAP request" is misleading so I've changed it to state the proper request type being closed, i.e. HTTP.

I hope I've answered all your questions.

Cheers!
    /Nenad Nikolic a.k.a. Shonzilla