Forum Discussion

TNeuschwanger
Champion Level 2
14 years ago

JMS:Hermes alone works with non-stndrd port but not SoapUI

Hello,

When attempting to invoke JMS through a soap request (any old soap request will do since we just need an interface to attach to), I get an exception error:

Fri Sep 24 11:54:01 PDT 2010:ERROR:javax.jms.JMSException: [C4003]: Error occurred on connection creation [localhost:7676]. - cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

While configuring Hermes to acknowledge a non-standard port, I had to add the following to the start command in the hermes.bat file:
-DimqAddressList=mq://xxxxcjcaps01:37674

For full disclosure, here was the original line in the bat file:
start "HermesJMS" "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\javaw" -XX:NewSize=256m -Xmx1024m -Dhermes.home="%HERMES_HOME%" %HERMES_OPTS% -Dlog4j.configuration="file:%HERMES_HOME%\bin\log4j.props" -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dhermes="%HERMES_CONFIG%\hermes-config.xml" -Dhermes.libs="%HERMES_LIBS%" hermes.browser.HermesBrowser

And here is the changed line:
start "HermesJMS" "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\javaw" -XX:NewSize=256m -Xmx1024m -Dhermes.home="%HERMES_HOME%" %HERMES_OPTS% -Dlog4j.configuration="file:%HERMES_HOME%\bin\log4j.props" -DimqAddressList=mq://xxxxcjcaps01:37674 -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dhermes="%HERMES_CONFIG%\hermes-config.xml" -Dhermes.libs="%HERMES_LIBS%" hermes.browser.HermesBrowser

With that said, how or where do I need to configure SoapUI to allow the :37674 non-standard port when it communicates to or through Hermes?

In short, I have Hermes working outside SoapUI with a non-standard port (it recognizes messages to topics defined). Launching a SoapUI request with the defined JMS endpoint yields a connection error.

Thank you for consideration.

1 Reply

• Solved...

Add the same parameter that was added in the hermes.bat file start command line to the end of the SoapUI vm options file:
    C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-Pro-3.5\bin\soapUI-Pro-3.5.vmoptions

Add this to end of vmoptions:
    -DimqAddressList=mq://xxxxcjcaps01:37674