Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Issue on recording a webestcase for log-in a portal

Hi All,

I am facing issue while recording a log-in page of a web portal. Can somebody help me whats going wrong?

The issue:

I am using Soapui Pro, Webtestcase feature to record the log-in screen, i did the following steps:

1. Right click on the project name and select "the New webtestcase" option.
2. Entered the URL on the Web Address textbox.
3. Entered the Webtestcase name.
4. Click on OK button.
5. The recording session starts now.
6. Now i am entering my username and password on the HTML response screen.
7. Click on sign-in Link.
8. The user will be logged in and home page will be displayed.
9. Stop Recording.
10. When i try run the webtestcase, it does not run sucessfuly, i.e only the url is hit and displays the log-in screen but it does not log-in to the home page with credentials.

My Inference on this issue:

1. The web portal i am using sets sessionid as cookie every time we hit the url and a new session id after loggin into the portal, therefore i think the SOAPUI is not able to log-in to the portal. How this can be resolved?

2. I have tried to suppy the Username and Password on the Http requests as wells as i tried to supply the session ID that is generated each time as input using property transfer and a groovy script, but still i could not able to log-in to the portal.

3. The SOAPUI is not recording the Ajax requests on the portal, Is there any way to record the Ajax requests on SOAPUI Pro?

I would greatly appriciate your help on this.

Thanks,
Sathish

1 Reply

PaulKeates
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

I have EXACTLY the same question. I recorded a script using the built-in recorder. Playback fails. I'm unsure of the exact steps to take to make HTTP post / get commands to work. I'd love to buy this tool if it actually worked for HTTP testing.

One thing I just noticed in my script - it did not seem to record any POST events - only GET... Hmmm.

I can record then edit and then get www.google.com to be scripted - just not my internal apps with logins.