Forum Discussion

15 years ago

intercept client request using SOAP Monitor server?

Hi,

How to intercept the request in the SOAP Monitor when the client hit the REST service from the remote location.

your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

5 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

You need to configure the client to either use the SOAP Monitor as a proxy (with the SOAP Monitor in HTTP Proxy Mode), or you will need to direct the client to the address of the machine running the SOAP Monitor instead of the actual service, and have the SOAP Monitor forward the request to the actual service (HTTP Tunnel Mode). Please see the User Guide for more information.

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com
  • I would like to do something similar.

I have a service which sends SOAP over http. There is a configuration file for this service which specified an endpoint webservice.

The soapUI documentation states that the client must be configured to use soapUI as a proxy. What are the actual settings for this - point at localhost (where I store soapUI) and port 8081?
  • sorry, but that was the page I already read. The explanation on that page is okay, but lacks some detail.

My question is - should I set the endpoint in SOAPUI, but configure the client application to use localhost:8081 or whatever port.