Forum Discussion

shelingzhang
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error, The message with Action '' cannot be

Hi,

I have a problem with SoapUI, I use a wsdl which is tested using wcftest tool other than SoapUi, it worked fine, but when I tried to use SOAP UI
I got following error:

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Content-Length: 770
Content-Type: application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8
Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 00:16:49 GMT

s:Sender

a:ActionNotSupported

The message with Action '' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. This may be because of either a contract mismatch (mismatched Actions between sender and receiver) or a binding/security mismatch between the sender and the receiver.  Check that sender and receiver have the same contract and the same binding (including security requirements, e.g. Message, Transport, None).

basically that it complaint that I didno't specify the soap action in my request, but I tried to find where can I add it, I only find the place for ws-a action which is different from the soap action, in one of  post I found on web, which said that it should be "action" in the http header, is part of Content-Type, but I tried it, it aslo gave me a bad request error.

I am using soap2 instead of soap on in my wcf service;

one of post also suggest to specify the SoapAction="" in my wsdl, I tried but it still give me same error;

what I am looking is a way to specify the soapAction in the request  or http header

here is my request from soapUI

Thank you very much for your help.

jz

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

In Request desktop panel you have "Headers" inspector (down left part) where you can add soapAction.
    Please try that and let us know if it helped.

Regards,
    /Dragica
    eviware.com
    shelingzhang
    Occasional Contributor
    Ok, problem solved, the solution is the add soapAction="urn#MyOperation" in the wsdl file of binding section.

Thanks