Forum Discussion

JimL
Contributor
13 years ago

How to detect/handle testcase errors?

Hi,

We have a testcase that works fine, but when we run it under a loadtest in several (two) of our environments, after the loadtest runs for a couple of minutes, we get several errors (connection reset by peer).

We're still trying to track down why we're getting those errors (works in other environments).

In the meantime, in the teardown script of that testcase, we output start/end times to the log, and so we'd like to be able to detect when such errors occur, and log something to that effect.

The testcase in question has two assertions:

SOAP
Message contains "Success"

Can anyone tell me what we'd need to do so that, probably in the teardown script, we could tell when the testcase doesn't end successfully?

Thanks,
Jim

1 Reply

JimL
    Contributor
    Hi,

For the record, I think that I've found something that works, by putting some code in the testcase teardown script. The code I've used is based on the 6/28/2010 code that's posted on this thread:

http://www.soapui.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3994

I think that I've also found a bug in the way that SOAPUI 4.0.0 is reporting assertions, which I've posted in the "Bugs" section, but the code I referenced seems to work ok if you check if all of the assertion.status is equal to the string "VALID".

Jim