Forum Discussion

mulpraveen
New Contributor
16 years ago

Generation of JUnit reports in SOAPUI

Hello All,

Could any one of you please send me the process for generating JUnit reports from SOAPUI. I have a test suite with four test cases and while I am running them using test runner- the results are not user friendly. Please let me the configuration needed to be done to generate a JUnit report.

5 Replies

foobar
    New Contributor
    I want first to say hallo to everybody on this community ,  this is my first post.

I'm also little bit interesting in generation of JUnit reports in SoapUI. I read instruction from the link that is provided in previous post.
    But, I have one problem, in the generated html report(also in xml file)  time is shown in seconds instead in milliseconds. Example from some test case:
    Time Taken: 740
    Size: 0

Problem occur when it is needed to convert "Time taken" to, for example, hours, minutes, seconds. If you use some automated publishing tools, this time "740" will be converted to 12 minutes and 20 seconds, but actually it should be 0.74 seconds.
    My question is it possible to specify somewhere that this time "Time taken" be in seconds?

I have one more question. is it possible to export only "Time taken" for one Test Step inside Test Case to JUnit report?
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

sorry.. the reporting is pretty fixed in this regard, maybe we should add an option for this somehow?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    foobar
    New Contributor
    omatzura wrote:

Hi,

sorry.. the reporting is pretty fixed in this regard, maybe we should add an option for this somehow?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com

I asked two question, so I don't on which question I got reply . Probably, the answer is simililar for both .

I don't know how soapui is generating xml files when switch -j is specified, but  maybe there can be an addition switch to specify how time should be outputted. This was considering first question.

For the second question, maybe similar solution,  where we should have option "do we want that report include "Time Taken" only for Test Case or for all Test Steps". I think that will be nice feature. In lot of situation, we want only to get test time for one step, because other steps are only preparation steps for "main" step execution.
    I know when put more switches things getting completed, but this is only one small suggestion.

Considering also second question, I got some thinking, for time being, maybe solution is probably to access "Test Cases" inside TearDown script of Test Suite, then insert/update "Time Taken" for individual Test Step before it is published to JUnit report xml file. Is it possible to do something like this?

Mvh