Forum Discussion

jenn
New Contributor
4 months ago
Solved

Extended possibility to override properties at testsuite level does not work anymore in SoapUI 5.7.2

Hello,

I use for my projects the extended possibility to override properties described in documentation page https://www.soapui.org/docs/scripting-and-properties/working-with-properties/ :

--> I use a global property option "-Gsoapui.properties.TestSuite1=testsuite1props.properties" to define the property file that should override the TestSuite properties values stored in the project.

In SoapUI 5.7.0, this works perfectly.

But in SoapUI 5.7.2 this does not work anymore : is there any update done to the feature (e.g. to use another global property name instead of soapui.properties.xxx ?) ? or is it a bug ? 

Thank you for your help,

• I have finally found myself the solution : problem comes from Test Suite names that contain "_" character --> the underscore "_" char is considered as the space, i.e. it should be removed from the Test Suite name when assigning the global property "soapui.property.TestSuiteName"

For exemple, for a Test Suite named "My_Suite_1", the global property option should be :

• -Gsoapui.properties.MySuite1=testsuite1props.properties"

But even if it was working previously without removing the "_" characters, it seems that it does not come from SoapUI 5.7.2 compared to SoapUI 5.7.0 (I observe now the same behavior with both). Maybe it comes from another environment update (Java ?)

1 Reply

jenn
    New Contributor

I have finally found myself the solution : problem comes from Test Suite names that contain "_" character --> the underscore "_" char is considered as the space, i.e. it should be removed from the Test Suite name when assigning the global property "soapui.property.TestSuiteName"

For exemple, for a Test Suite named "My_Suite_1", the global property option should be :

• -Gsoapui.properties.MySuite1=testsuite1props.properties"

But even if it was working previously without removing the "_" characters, it seems that it does not come from SoapUI 5.7.2 compared to SoapUI 5.7.0 (I observe now the same behavior with both). Maybe it comes from another environment update (Java ?)