Forum Discussion

vpachpute1
Frequent Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

How to set TestSuite Properties for specific suite name from Groovy

Hi

Currently I am using this

testRunner.testCase.testSuite.setPropertyValue("SpendLimit_Mon", spendlimit_mon);

But this only sets for the current test suite.

I want to specify name of test suite so that my script will set property for any target test suite.

I have tried this. But not worked.

testRunner.testCase.testSuite.name("SpendLimits").setPropertyValue("SpendLimit_Trans", spendlimit_Trans);

Can anyone please help me on this.

Regards

Vishal

• Hi Vishal,

You are almost there. You need to get the project object and then use any of this:

project.getTestSuiteByName("name")
    project.testSuites["name"]
    project.testSuites."name"

So inside a test case you would use:

testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.testSuites["SpendLimits"].setPropertyValue("SpendLimit_Trans", spendlimit_Trans);
    // or
    testCase.testSuite.project.testSuites["SpendLimits"].setPropertyValue("SpendLimit_Trans", spendlimit_Trans);

From a test suite script:

testSuite.project.testSuites["SpendLimits"].setPropertyValue("SpendLimit_Trans", spendlimit_Trans);

From a project script:

project.testSuites["TestSuite"].setPropertyValue("SpendLimit_Trans", spendlimit_Trans);

3 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Vishal,

You are almost there. You need to get the project object and then use any of this:

project.getTestSuiteByName("name")
    project.testSuites["name"]
    project.testSuites."name"

So inside a test case you would use:

testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.testSuites["SpendLimits"].setPropertyValue("SpendLimit_Trans", spendlimit_Trans);
    // or
    testCase.testSuite.project.testSuites["SpendLimits"].setPropertyValue("SpendLimit_Trans", spendlimit_Trans);

From a test suite script:

testSuite.project.testSuites["SpendLimits"].setPropertyValue("SpendLimit_Trans", spendlimit_Trans);

From a project script:

project.testSuites["TestSuite"].setPropertyValue("SpendLimit_Trans", spendlimit_Trans);
      vpachpute1
      Frequent Contributor

Hi 

Thanks very much for your reply.

Solution worked perfectly for me.

Regards

Vishal