Forum Discussion

ahmad-arif
Visitor
11 months ago

Cannot retrieve some emoticons from database

Hi,

Why I cannot retrieve some emoticons from database? I'm using Soap UI 5.7.0.

The data stored in DB:

• (For example: ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅฒโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜—๐Ÿ˜™๐Ÿ˜š๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿน๐Ÿฐ๐ŸฆŠ๐Ÿป๐Ÿผ๐Ÿปโ€โ„๏ธ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿท๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿต๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ”๐Ÿง๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿ‹๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ“๐Ÿซ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅญ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฅฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿซ›๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅ’โšฝ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿˆโšพ๐ŸฅŽ๐ŸŽพ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฅ๐ŸŽฑ๐Ÿช€๐Ÿ“๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ๐Ÿชƒ๐Ÿฅ…โ›ณ๐Ÿช๐Ÿ›๐Ÿน๐ŸŽฃ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿš•๐Ÿš™๐ŸšŒ๐ŸšŽ๐ŸŽ๏ธ๐Ÿš“๐Ÿš‘๐Ÿš’๐Ÿš๐Ÿ›ป๐Ÿšš๐Ÿš›๐Ÿšœ๐Ÿฆฏ๐Ÿฆฝ๐Ÿฆผ๐Ÿฉผ๐Ÿ›ด๐Ÿšฒ๐Ÿ›ต๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ›บ๐Ÿ›žโŒš๐Ÿ“ฑ๐Ÿ“ฒ๐Ÿ’ปโŒจ๏ธ๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ๐Ÿ–ฑ๏ธ๐Ÿ–ฒ๏ธ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ๐Ÿ—œ๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฝ๐Ÿ’พ๐Ÿ’ฟ๐Ÿ“€๐Ÿ“ผ๐Ÿ“ท๐Ÿ“ธ๐Ÿ“น๐ŸŽฅ๐Ÿ“ฝ๏ธ๐ŸŽž๏ธ๐Ÿ“žโ˜Ž๏ธ๐Ÿฉทโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฉต๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿฉถ๐Ÿค๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’”โ›Žโ™ˆโ™‰โ™Šโ™‹โ™ŒใŠ™๏ธใŠ—๏ธ๐Ÿˆด๐Ÿˆต๐Ÿˆน๐Ÿˆฒโ•โ“๐Ÿณ๏ธ๐Ÿด๐Ÿดโ€โ˜ ๏ธ๐Ÿ๐Ÿšฉ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€โšง๏ธ๐Ÿณโ€๐ŸŸงโ€โฌ›โ€๐ŸŸง๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ผ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ญ)

The data retrieved:

• (For example: ☺️‍❄️⚽⚾⛳️️⌚⌨️️️️️️️️️☎️❤️⛎♈♉♊♋♌㊙️㊗️❕❓️‍☠️️‍️‍⚧️‍‍⬛‍)

Converted:

• (For example: โ˜บ๏ธโ€โ„๏ธโšฝโšพโ›ณ๏ธ๏ธโŒšโŒจ๏ธ๏ธ๏ธ๏ธ๏ธ๏ธ๏ธ๏ธ๏ธโ˜Ž๏ธโค๏ธโ›Žโ™ˆโ™‰โ™Šโ™‹โ™ŒใŠ™๏ธใŠ—๏ธโ•โ“๏ธโ€โ˜ ๏ธ๏ธโ€๏ธโ€โšง๏ธโ€โ€โฌ›โ€)

Is there any properties or parameters that I need to set? Already used "UTF-8" and tried using "application/json;charset=UTF-8" as Content-Type.

Thanks,

Arif

1 Reply

JHunt
    Community Hero

The reply from the server is a SOAP envelope (i.e. XML), and it doesn't make sense to declare an Accept header on the request, or respond with Content-Type header with any other Content-Type besides "application/xml".

It looks like your endpoint is correctly encoding the unicode characters (w3.org), which is what you see in the raw response view. SoapUI may not display those characters unescaped in the XML view, but your application (endpoint consumer) might still handle them correctly.

You could try inserting your endpoint's response into the following javascript code, which you can run in your browser's web console to verify that the unicode characters display correctly:

(function (){
        const response = `<emojis>&#9786;</emojis>`;
        return new DOMParser()
            .parseFromString(response, 'text/xml')
            .getElementsByTagName("emojis")[0]
            .firstChild
            .data;
    })();