Forum Discussion

TomA
New Contributor
12 months ago

Using properties to define Output File name in Data Sink step does not expand during first test run

I'm trying to create an output file using the data sink step where the Output File name field contains a property expansion to show my software test version. Example:

EventsLoaded_2023-05-22T163424_Default environment_v7_0_7.xls

This file name above is the product of multiple properties and fixed strings concatenated. Everything works as expected (expansion wise) except for one oddity.

On first pass after launching readyapi, the version piece is missing.

EventsLoaded_2023-05-22T154722_Default environment_.xls

Making a second run without closing ReadyApi works as expected.

Furthermore, I've looked at the step properties after the first pass and I can see the steps responsible for obtaining and formatting the version string does in fact contain the desired string as a result property.

Here is an outline of a simplified project I've mocked up and attached which I can reproduce the issue with. This will not run as-is I have had to scrub sensitive data.

HTTP Request - Get product ver under test for results file naming - calls a health check url which returns a version string. Ex: OK - 7.0.7 (dxx12343e) - ....

Groovy Script - Format product ver string for use in output file naming - Parses and formats result from HTTP request return property. To: v7_0_7 

Data Sink Step - where output File: references ${Groovy Script - Format product ver string for use in output file naming#result}

No RepliesBe the first to reply