Forum Discussion

deepa1
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Unable to open SOAPUI PRO.

Hello,

I am getting a startup error while trying to open SOAPUI PRO.

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

hmm.. try increasing the -Xmx memory value in the soapui .vmoptions or .bat/.sh file to a higher value (if you are using the bundled JRE this value has to be under 1500)..

Does that help?

regards!

/Ole
    SmartBear Software
    PStraszynski
    Occasional Contributor
    I'm having this problem. Can anyone help please?

last time i used soapUI i got some messages saying the underlying files had been modified outside of soapUI. Not sure how or why?

i've tried re-installing the software but this ahsn't solved the problem.
    I'm worried my regisrty may be cause of the problem ?

Any ideas?

Jo
    PStraszynski
    Occasional Contributor
    My old version of soapUI 4.0.1 WILL open without showing the error message. I thought i could go back to using this one BUT this version won't accept my license key that i had used for soap 4.5.0. Can you provide me with a temporary license key as a work around - I'm quite stresse with my workload and unable to use soap AT ALL

Please Please help?!

Jo
    PStraszynski
    Occasional Contributor
    It ISN'T a license issue - i think it's a bug!

The previous post showed that i was getting a Java - out of memory message (see above). Because I wasn't able to resolve it without your help I went looking for a work-around whilst I waited for your response. So I'm disappointed that your response hasn't commented on the problem i was reporting.
    (My work-around is to use an old version of SoapUI).

Have you any idea what caused the problem and how it can be avoided?

Jo
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

I'm sorry I misunderstood. For first issue you reported "OutOfMemoryError" you need to increase memory you are giving soapUI to work with.
    If you installed soapUI with installer then you need to edit *.vmoptions file. Look for it in bin folder in folder where soapUI is installed. When you open *.vmoptions file look for line that starts with "-Xmx" and increase number next to it. How much you'll increase it depends on how much memory you have on your computer. If you are using binary distribution then is soapui-pro.bat or *.sh script you need to look for same option ( -Xmx ) and increase number next to it.

Hope this helps,
    robert