Forum Discussion

nicholasglen
Contributor
11 years ago

Statistics in Report

Hello,
I am running a load test and getting a number that seems very unusual in the report(the report generated by the loadui console). I was wondering if you could explain how std-dev is calculated. The first line of the report, for example, the min is 33, the max is 42937, the average is 3876 and the std-dev is 48141302.04? Given the std-dev is the square root of the variance I would expect it to be in a range of min to max? If there is another wayI should be interpretting this number so I can give meaning to that large number that would be great.
Thanks!

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

How embarrassing! You're absolutely right. It seems like someone recently changed the code to not calculate the square root.

I.e. 6687362 should be sqrt(6687362) = 2586.

I've now fixed this in our internal builds (will be released as LoadUI 2.6, scheduled July 11). Please let us know if you want an internal build in the meantime.

Best Regards

Henrik O
    SmartBear Software
  • I have a break in testing as we are upgrading our WebSphere server to the latest patch release. That will give me a chance to do some testing. Can I get the patch for the standard deviation. Thanks.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

We have postponed our 11th of July release and now expect the 2.5.5 release to happen at the end of July.
    However, there's a good chance we will make a minor release with some simple bug fixes, such as the one you've reported (which is already fixed) earlier than that.

Please keep an eye on our website loadui.org for news about this.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Renato
    SmartBear Software
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi!

This is fixed in LoadUI 2.5.5 which was released today.

Best Regards

Henrik O
    SmartBear Software