Forum Discussion

RPfrimmer
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

[Solved] Can't get JDBC connection to Oracle working

Hi Everyone,

I am a new user to Soapui and could use any help you can provide. I am currently trying to figure out how to perform a SQL query to pull some data from an oracle database.

I took a look at the brief information available on the Soapui site for creating and using JDBC connections to perform queries and have tried setting up a JDBC Request test step. I've never used JDBC connections before so I really don't know if I'm doing this right.

I am trying to connect to an Oracle 10g database using the OracleThin driver and template, and provided the appropriate connection information in the test step.

When I click the button to test the connection I get the following error "java.langStringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 9"

I've tried checking the forums and googling for information that might help me, but am currently at a loss on how to resolve this.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Rob

5 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello Rob!

Could you please give some more information? It would be interesting to see a screenshot of your JDBC connection details and the full content of the error log panel (located at the bottom of the soapUI window).

Thanks!

Henrik
    SmartBear Software
    RPfrimmer
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Henrik,

Upon further investigation on my end it appears that the error I am receiving is being caused because our database password contains a $.

It looks like this may be a bug in SoapUI when it is trying to generate the connection string.

If I change the password for the DB user and try again, I can now successfully connect.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello,

you are correct, we had that issue in previous versions of soapUI - if you try the latest release,
    there should be no problems with '$' character in passwords.

Regards,
    Vladimir
    SmartBear Software
    SmartBear_Suppo
    That's great to hear.
    I'm marking this as solved then.

--
    Regards

Erik
    SmartBear Sweden