Forum Discussion

sfosdal
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

SoapUI Pro 4.0 Testrunner ClassCastException

Dear Support at Eviware,

I hope you are doing well - I am having an issue with Testrunner functionality in SoapUI Pro 4.0.
I have a project that I am trying to run from the command line using the Testrunner.bat - within the project itself there is a load script, written in Groovy, that asks the user for the environment they wish to run the project against(i.e. stg, prod, etc).
I am seeing an error: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject cannot be cast to com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro
This only started occurring when I tried to run the project with the testrunner.bat when using SoapUI-Pro 4.0 version previously, in SoapUi-Pro 3.6 I was able to run my project from the command line. Initially, I thought the problem might be with my load script, or possibly one of my test cases, so I methodically removed all my test cases and the load script. However, I found that even with the project empty of test cases - I was unable to get past this error.
I also had SoapUI-Pro 4.0 generate a brand new soapui-settings.xml file because I thought possibly something in this file could be trying to cast the project as a WsdlProject instead of WsdlProjectPro. I've expanded the logging settings to "Debug" within the soapui-log4j.xml but even with all the extra detail - I cannot seem to find where SoapUI calls com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject. Any suggestions?
I've also included the project in it's raw form - with no test cases - I've left the load script - but even when I comment everything out - I still get this error. I've included the error log below. Could you please take a look and let me know what you think?

Running soapUI TestRunner for [TESTING]
> directory: C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-Pro-4.0.0\bin
> command: cmd.exe /C testrunner.bat -r -j -fC:\X -RTESTING -FTXT -Gcli_environment=stg -tC:\Users\jalee\soapui-settings.xml C:\Users\jalee\Desktop\TESTING.xml
> soapUI Pro 4.0.0 TestCase Runner
> 2011-07-11 18:25:33,470 [main] INFO com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner - Setting global property [cli_environment] to [stg]
> Configuring log4j from [C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-Pro-4.0.0\bin\soapui-log4j.xml]
> 18:25:33,739 INFO [SoapUI] Adding [C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-Pro-4.0.0\bin\ext\postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc3.jar] to extensions classpath
> 18:25:33,740 INFO [SoapUI] Adding [C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-Pro-4.0.0\bin\ext\postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc4.jar] to extensions classpath
> 18:25:33,740 INFO [SoapUI] Adding [C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-Pro-4.0.0\bin\ext\sqljdbc.jar] to extensions classpath
> 18:25:34,037 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] initialized soapui-settings from [C:\Users\jalee\soapui-settings.xml]
> 18:25:34,482 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] Adding listeners from [C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-Pro-4.0.0\bin\listeners\demo-listeners.xml]
> 18:25:35,351 INFO [WsdlProject] Loaded project from [file:/C:/Users/jalee/Desktop/TESTING.xml]
> [null]
> 18:25:36,355 INFO [SoapUIProTestCaseRunner] Running soapUI tests in project [TESTING]
> 18:25:36,358 ERROR [SoapUIProTestCaseRunner] java.lang.ClassCastException: com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject cannot be cast to com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro
> 18:25:36,358 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occured [com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject cannot be cast to com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro], see error log for details
> java.lang.ClassCastException: com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject cannot be cast to com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro
> at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.runProject(SourceFile:184)
> at com.eviware.soapui.tools.SoapUITestCaseRunner.runRunner(SoapUITestCaseRunner.java:384)
> at com.eviware.soapui.tools.AbstractSoapUIRunner.run(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:151)
> at com.eviware.soapui.tools.AbstractSoapUIRunner.runFromCommandLine(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:86)
> at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.main(SourceFile:48)

Thank you for your time!
No RepliesBe the first to reply