Forum Discussion

EW
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

soapUI Pro 3.0 beta 2 - Datagen List Step issue

It is possible that I might not be understanding how this works, but I have created a Datagen object with a couple of properties.  I have them set as List type and in Step mode.  I have NOT checked the Randomize checkbox.  Every time I run the Datagen object, I get only the first values on the list.  From how I'm reading this page (http://www.soapui.org/userguide/functional/datagenstep.html), it should be stepping sequentially through them, but is not.  Similar properties that do have the randomize checkbox enabled do give me different/random results each time I run the Datagen object.  Am I missing something or is this a bug?  Many thanks!

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Maybe the documentation is unclear; the stepping through the list is for each run of the testcase; every time you restart the testcase, it will start over from the beginning.. maybe we should add a "persist" option here just as with the number property!?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    MZELEWSKI
    New Contributor
    I still have the same problem with 4.5.2. version and your answer is not clear.
    In any case (STEP or READ) I get only the first value from the list even if I start my TestCase again. If I have the randomize checkbox enabled I receive random results. But I need sequentially results.
    What should I do to achieve this?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I believe what Ole was pointing out in above post was that it steps through for each run of the test case, so do you have a test case with DataSource and a DataSource loop your DataGen test step is in? You will need something to keep the test case iterating.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support