Forum Discussion

marlonumali
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

SoapUI Mock Server on AWS EC2 with Load Balancer SSL

I’m trying to setup a SoapUI Mock Service on an AWS EC2 Windows instance with a Load Balancer that has an SSL certificate. The problem I’m encountering is I cannot connect to the Mock Server from my ReadyAPI desktop application.

I have successfully setup the same SoapUI Mock Service on an AWS EC2 Windows instance without a Load Balancer. What I did is I just created a SoapUI Project with 3 operations and generated their corresponding mock services; I then assigned port 9090 which I also opened in Windows Firewall. I run the mock services and connect ReadyAPI from my desktop using the endpoint (http://EC2-IP Address:9090); I was then able to sent request and received response from the mock services in my AWS EC2 Windows instance. But this same procedure fails for my EC2 windows instance that has a Load Balancer and an SSL certificate.

I have my AWS EC2 Certificate .PEM file, from which I generated a Private and Public key using PuTTY Key Generator, I then tried to use both keys on ReadyAPI keystore but it asked for a password which I don’t remember creating when I created the AWS certificate keyPair .PEM file. I also tried to register the generated Putty Private key in Windows Certificates but it cannot recognize the file type with .ppk extension.

I may still be missing some steps, but I’m hoping the community can point me to the right direction as to what to research and use. Thank you.

• I just found out that I need a "Custom TCP Rule" in the EC2 Security Group Inbound permission for port 9090. After I added this, I was then able to connect to my Mock Service.

2 Replies

marlonumali
    Occasional Contributor

I just found out that I need a "Custom TCP Rule" in the EC2 Security Group Inbound permission for port 9090. After I added this, I was then able to connect to my Mock Service.

groovyguy
      Champion Level 1

Thanks for coming back and posting how you fixed it!