Forum Discussion

jebouk
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

SoapUI 3.6.1 bug TEMPLATE parameter values are escaped twice

Hi, I recently upgraded our 3.5 project to the latest 3.6.1 version.

It seems like there is a problem with the TEMPLATE Resource parameters. Values are escaped twice in 3.6.1. I use special chars like [] and they are escaped to %255B and %255D in 3.6.1 instead of %5B and %5D like in 3.5.

in 3.5 raw request
http://127.0.0.1:8080/App/rest/Nova/analyticalMember/%5BPD.PDCY%5D.%5BAll%20PD.PDCYs%5D.%5BPDCY20090101%5D/descendants

in 3.6.1 raw request
http://127.0.0.1:8080/App/rest/Nova/analyticalMember/%255BPD.PDCY%255D.%255BAll%2520PD.PDCYs%255D.%255BPDCY20090101%255D/descendants

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

hmm.. can you please check if this still persists in the latest nightly build?

Thanks in advance!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    jebouk
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.

I tested with the latest nightly build and this problem still exists.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi!

hmm.. I can't reproduce this with the nightly build, could you check with that and if the problem still persists attach your project file so we can see what it is in your setup that is causing this?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    jebouk
    Occasional Contributor
    Here is my project file.

You just have to run the request 'Request w TEMPLATE parameter' in the project.

It contains a TEMPLATE parameter with special characters []. You will see in the Raw Request that the parameter is escaped twice %255Bspecial%255D. Running the same project in 3.5 was giving %5Bspecial%5D

Thanks!

Jean-Philippe
    jebouk
    Occasional Contributor
    Anyone can test the project and reproduce the bug?

Thanks!
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

thanks for reporting this, it should be fixed in the upcoming nightly build!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com