Forum Discussion

PerfTestMike
Contributor
13 years ago

Sending load with hard-coded XML

Hello all,

I was wondering if there was any was that soapUI/LoadUI could be used to take a repository of hard-coded XML files to be used in a performance test.

To just explain our setup:

We have a folder with about 7million XML messages, and we would like to play those messages into the app we're trying to test.

Essentially, my question is:
Is there a facility that simply takes a number of hard-coded XMLs and can fire it a specified endpoint?

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Sure there is! In soapUI Pro there are Directory DataSources that makes it easy to load whole files into a soapUI Property (a new file is read each loop iteration). You can then do a PropertyTranfer or PropertyExpansion to set the request body of your request to be the same as that property.

Regards

Henrik
    SmartBear Software
  • Thanks Henrik!

Unfortunately, we only have SoapUI standard, so I guess this would have to be replicated with either a custom-made component in LoadUI, or a Groovy step in SoapUI?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    PerfTestMike wrote:
    Unfortunately, we only have SoapUI standard, so I guess this would have to be replicated with either a custom-made component in LoadUI, or a Groovy step in SoapUI?

Yes. If you implement it yourself, there are some concurrency issues (multiple threads using the same folder) that you need to keep in mind.

/Henrik