Forum Discussion

crazi2k
New Contributor
13 years ago

Running Simultaneous User Transaction for Load Scnearios

Hi Ole,

Our intention to use LoadUI is to simulate thousands of user where each user represent the test case with 65/66 steps. This boils down to '2-3' user per second starting the test case in parallel. The aim is to trigger the test case/users in parallel (not the completion of the run) for given amount of time to form a Test Run & let it complete based on processing capability of target Software under test. Example Load Test Scenario:

The Load UI tool should allow initiation of 1800 user/Test case in the gap of 900 seconds. In essence 1800 test case should have started the run @ of 2 user/Test case per second (for evenly spreading out the load for the duration) not essentially ensuring completion (in 900 sec) as it depends on the response time & other network related factors. We ideally want to run this in a loop to generated intended load towards target software by loading one Test Case & inputting users from Data Source file
The closest match that i found on forum to my question states that I need to run SoapUI runner for each TestCase/user that I wish to run? viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7181&p=20863&hilit=virtual+user#p20863

I found that using "Virtual User" as runner only ensures that Test steps or request are evenly spaced not the individual user/Test Case. Creating individual test runner (5k) for say 5k user is just not scalable & i'm not sure the loadUI tool can support such scenario.

Is there any alternate ways to achieve our goals. Let me know if you need any more info on this topic

Thanks in Advance for your reply!

1 Reply

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Just connect a Fixed Rate Generator, set at rate 2/sec, and connect it to a soapUI Runner set to run your soapUI TestCase. This should be enough for the scenario you describe.

Or am I missing something?

Henrik
    SmartBear Software